Monday, 16 April 2012

Babe,(babe!) I'm back again, I tell you I'm back again ...

as Mark Owen so memorably crooned...

Hello, lovely readers! I have not blogged here for over a year as I have been immersed in the distressing experience of caring for another human being as if it were my own (maternity leave).

It is very exciting to be back amongst the archives, particularly since there have been thrilling new acquisitions and developments. I speak specifically of the boxes of new George Mackay Brown letters, essays, novels etc. which were mentioned by Dusty here and the fact that the vast number of dusty, letter-filled trunks which make up the Halcro-Johnson collection are finally being catalogued. Further details of both shall appear in due course.

In common with international spies, witnesses to gang crimes and the banker from Deal or No Deal, we like to keep our identities top secret. However, at the risk of being a baby bore, I would like to share with you all a little pic of myself and babe:








only kidding, here's us:









I've been a man all along and I like to strangle my baby!



...only kidding...






Motherhood has been a little ageing...

No really, archive baby is far too ugly to post a photo of. All of the above pictures come from unidentified photo folders and all that we know about them are that the first one dates from 1958 and that the last one was taken on North Ronaldsay.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back, your humour will be appreciated by many. Certainly by me :-) Shame about your ugly baby - but all babies look like tortoises at first (my sister said that about her son, and I have to agree judging by the hospital photo), I'm sure (s)he will grow up big and strong and gorgeous - just like my nephew has. Albeit 17 years later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! Ahhh tortoise... I knew archive baby reminded me of something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back fellow blogger! Archive baby is just too beautiful to share, you wouldn't want to make all your readers jealous would you? By the way I hope Archive Baby has a Library Card.

    ReplyDelete

Are you delighted by what you have just read? Are you revulsed and appalled? Do let us know, we'd love to hear from you.